Dental crowns are a common restoration, and it is important for patients to understand when they may be necessary. Crowns are placed over a damaged tooth to help save the tooth underneath. They seal out any bacteria and extend the life of your tooth. Crowns are customized to match the size, shape, and color of your natural teeth, and look aesthetically pleasing.
At the Foleck Center, our doctors have years of experience in restoration and placing crowns, and are the preferred dentist in downtown Hampton, VA. We are a full-service practice and serve patients of all ages. Our facilities use state of the art technology, and we hold a high standard of excellence in personalized dental care. We welcome you to contact The Foleck Center for affordable and quality dental care.
What Are the Reasons a Dental Crown May Be Needed?
- After a Root Canal Procedure – A root canal cleans out any infection in the pulp of the tooth. Once this is complete a crown is necessary to help keep the tooth strong and prevent further breakage.
- Cavities – If you have a large cavity a crown may be necessary to help preserve your tooth. The cavity weakens the tooth and there is risk of fracture. The crown helps to stabilize the tooth.
- Worn Teeth – If patients suffer from bruxism or teeth grinding a crown may be needed. If you have acid reflux, the acid can impact your teeth and wear away enamel. Crowns can help restore your tooth and protect it from further damage.
- Appearance – Crowns are used to improve the appearance of a tooth. If the tooth is misshapen or discolored, crowns can restore the look of the tooth. Crowns can also help fill in the space between teeth.
- Prevention – Crowns are used to prevent teeth from breaking down further. If we think your tooth may be fractured, a crown can be placed to extend the life of the tooth.
What to Expect During a Crown Procedure?
If you have been recommended for a crown, our staff will discuss the procedure with you so you are prepared. When you visit our office, we will use local anesthesia to minimize any pain or discomfort. Depending on the condition of your tooth will determine if the tooth needs a filling first.
The tooth will be shaved down and an impression will be taken of your tooth. This is so the crown has the perfect fit. The crown will also match the shade of your natural teeth. We will use a temporary crown until your permanent crown is ready. Patients will return to our office a week later to have their permanent crown placed. If you have chosen a CEREC crown, your crown can be milled and placed in one appointment.
Looking for Dental Restorations in Downtown Hampton?
If you are looking for a dentist near you that provides dental crowns in downtown Hampton, The Foleck Center can help. Our doctors are dedicated to restoring and enhancing the smiles of all of our patients. We welcome patients of all ages and provide a relaxing and positive environment.
Our doctors and staff are highly trained with years of experience in restorative dentistry. Continuing education is important, and we are constantly learning about new technologies and the latest products in the dental industry. Our downtown Hampton office is conveniently located near Vancostas’s Pizza, making us a great choice for patients in the area.
The Foleck Center offers a wellness membership program to give our patients another financial option for dental services. Our program is perfect for individuals, families, retirees, or anyone who does not have dental insurance. The program offers different plans, as well as discounts on dental services done in any of our locations. To find out more visit our wellness page on our website, or ask one of our team members for more information.
To schedule your appointment with us and find out how a dental crown may benefit you, contact The Foleck Center in Downtown Hampton, and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.